Primary Care Physicians
A Health Tip from Alberto Sobrado, MD
Director, Community Medical Professionals
North Andover, MA
At Community Medical Professionals (CoMedPro) of North Andover, we believe that access to primary care is the key to your health and well being. Being able to see a primary care doctor or nurse practitioner at the first sign of injury or illness can often prevent resorting to expensive medical procedures or hospital stays. Annual physicals and other routine check-ups help us to identify potential health problems that can be treated before they become more serious. Accessing mental health services through one of our primary care providers (PCP) can help address emotional and stress-related issues before they adversely affect you or someone in family. If you have a chronic diseases or health problems seeking treatment under the direction of one of our dedicated primary care providers can help keep your condition from becoming worse.
What is Primary Care?
There are many definitions of primary care provided by a number of sources, but most descriptions of primary care agree on some key characteristics. At CoMedPro, we believe:
- Primary care is the first contact for an individual with the health care system.
- Primary care focuses on the overall health of the whole person.
- Primary care includes health promotion, disease prevention, health maintenance, counseling, patient education, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses in a variety of health care settings.
- Primary care is performed and managed by a trained primary care provider (PCP) who often collaborates with other physicians and health professionals.
- Primary care provides patient advocacy in the health care system to accomplish cost-effective care by coordination of health care services.
- Primary care promotes effective communication between physicians and patients and encourages the role of the patient as a partner in health care.
The internists and nurse practitioners at Community Medical Professionals provide primary care services to adults. The goal of our primary care is to provide you and your family with a broad spectrum of care and to coordinate the care you receive from medical specialists and other health care providers. We like to think of our services as the central point of connection between you and the health care system at large. When you rely on the CoMedPro team of primary care physicians, adult nurse practitioners (ANP), family nurse practitioners (FNP), and Registered Nurses (RN), you have access to a patient-centered “community” of medical professionals working together on your behalf.
Our Primary Care Practice is Accepting New Patients in North Andover
If you would like to learn more about Community Medical Professionals and our staff of primary care practitioners, please submit a new patient request or call our North Andover offices at (978) 685-4925.